- Defend the Vote!Early this morning, Donald Trump declared victory prematurely in the presidential election, despite the outcome remaining unclear as votes in many key battleground states remained (and for the most part still remain) uncounted. Trump is attempting to disrupt the counting of the remaining votes, calling it a “major fraud” and declaring his intention to challenge the results before the conservative-led … Continue reading Defend the Vote!
- Madison Area DSA endorses the “Doyle Resolution”Madison Area DSA endorses the “Doyle Resolution” in support of the renewed effort to halt the expansion of the Dane County Jail. Click here to sign up for Madison DSA’s efforts to stop the jail. In 2019 the Dane County Board of Supervisors flaunted the Derail the Jail coalition and approved a $220 million jail consolidation project, the largest capital … Continue reading Madison Area DSA endorses the “Doyle Resolution”
- DSA National Endorses Nada Elmikashfi for State Senate District 26!In June, Madison-Area DSA endorsed local member Nada Elmikashfi, running for State Senate District 26. After our endorsement, our chapter submitted a request for an endorsement by the national Democratic Socialists of America. On July 17th, DSA National announced their endorsement of Nada: DSA is proud to endorse Nada Elmikashfi for Wisconsin State Senate District 26 – up for election … Continue reading DSA National Endorses Nada Elmikashfi for State Senate District 26!
- ‘No’ to the Right’s Mayoral Recall PetitionOn July 8th, a conservative political activist filed a recall petition against Mayor Rhodes-Conway. The petition enumerates a spectacular list of grievances, primarily that Rhodes-Conway was substantially responsible for “endangering the public” by obstructing a strong police response to Black Lives Matter protests. Rhodes-Conway’s response to the demands of Black Lives Matter protests has been more concerned with protecting property … Continue reading ‘No’ to the Right’s Mayoral Recall Petition
- Madison Area DSA Condemns Sheriff’s Racist Press ReleaseThe Madison-Area DSA condemns the press release issued by the Dane County Sheriff’s Office on July 6, 2020. Sheriff Mahoney suggested that three Black people, legally bailed out from the Dane County Jail by “Free the 350” bail fund, were “responsible for crimes involving gun violence.” In doing so, he has revealed that the anti-black racial bias in the sheriff’s … Continue reading Madison Area DSA Condemns Sheriff’s Racist Press Release
- Fall 2020 Primary Voter GuidePre-election To-dos Absentee Voting Dane County and the rest of the state may be “open for business”, but COVID is still out there and cases are on the rise. MADSA hopes that you had the chance to social distance and vote early, and strongly encourages doing the same next November by voting early with an absentee ballot. If you haven’t … Continue reading Fall 2020 Primary Voter Guide
|December 6, 2020 at 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm||Red Madison Planning Meeting||Bi-weekly meeting of Red Madison. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86328722607 Meeting ID: 863 2872 2607 Passcode: 153284|
|December 6, 2020 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm||Abolition Working Group Meeting||Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEud-mtqjoqH9KB90DagYogwdhCnFYV8qAO After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.|
|December 9, 2020 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm||Madison Tenant Power organizing meeting||Come join Madison DSA's Tenant Organizing Working Group and other local organizers in our efforts to fight for tenant power in Madison!n If you have any accessibility needs, email MadisonTenantPower@protonmail.com. This meeting will be conducted over Zoom. Please use the info below to connect: --- Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0vcOqtqDgsEtMfSnvuQrcSLZyUwVAFq3oT After registering, you…|
|https://dsausa.zoom.us/meeting/register/f00e6447994370a7c5b9141539e44ee6||December 9, 2020 at 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm||Plains/Upper Midwest District Call||Hi there, You are invited to a Zoom meeting. When: Aug 12, 2020 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada) Register in advance for this meeting: https://dsausa.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMlcuurqDMpGdCSxicfcuQimzvMj83lp-mL After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.|
|https://us02web.zoom.us/s/84639902953#success||December 10, 2020 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm||People's Green New Deal–Madison||Bi-weekly meeting of PGND. Meets every other Thursday.|